The optometrist will provide direct patient care to our Veteran population. Duties and responsibilities include, but is not limited to:
• Delivering high-quality primary optometric & vision care services as delineated in the clinical privileges.
• Examining eyes, lids, adnexa, and the visual systems of patients.
• Providing basic low vision evaluation and services.
• Diagnosing, managing and treating refractive conditions, binocular functions, ocular diseases and conditions, ocular complications of systemic disease, etc.
• Ordering diagnostic ocular imaging.
• Providing patient & family education regarding ocular health issues.
• Referring patients to ophthalmology for diagnosis, treatment and management of systemic and ocular conditions revealed through optometric examinations.
• Evaluating, managing and triaging emergent, non-surgical eye conditions.
• Managing patients referred with complaints typical of routine eye care disorders.
• Performing health services and mandated examinations such as diabetic retinopathy & glaucoma screenings.
• Conducting clinical evaluations such as: medical & ocular history; visual acuity measurement; pupillary function testing; color vision testing; extraocular muscle function & binocularity testing; refractive & accommodative testing; external examination of the eye & adnexal structures; biomicroscopic evaluation of the ocular adnexa, anterior, and/or posterior segments of the eye, including gonioscopic & fundus lens evaluation; ophthalmoscopic, tonometric, & perimetric evaluations; etc.
• Collaborating with other optometrists, ophthalmologists, nursing staff, technicians & administrators to facilitate operations within the service to meet common goals.- Performing administrative components of patient care management, including timely completion of progress notes, consults & encounters for all patients, appropriate documentation in medical records, etc.
• Assisting Connected Care Team with certifying competency of telehealth technicians with regards to Tele-Eye program and other initiatives as needed.
Providing interpretation of teleretinal images
• Performing as part of a team, with excellent communication skills and interpersonal relationships with all other eye care providers and support staff.
For more information about this position, please click on the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/756158500
How to Apply:
All applicants are encouraged to apply online. To apply for this position, you must complete the full questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 11/28/2023 to receive consideration. To preview the questionnaire click https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/12167302.
1. To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USA JOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
2. Click Submit My Answers to submit your application package.