Full-time Ophthalmic Technician/Assistant
JOB SUMMARY: Pingree Eye Center is looking for a full-time Ophthalmic Technician/Assistant. We are
searching for a happy, energetic, and hard working person who has a great attitude and is
a team player. Experience as an Ophthalmic Technician/Assistant is preferred.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
2. Well-organized with attention to detail.
3. Enjoys working as a team member.
1. Patient care under the supervision of a physician.
2. Accurately perform technical work-ups, motility evaluation, visual acuity, pupillary function tests,
applanation, refraction, visual field testing, corneal topography, optic nerve and retinal scanning,
tonometry, pachymetry, and other ophthalmic testing as needed.
3. Communication with patients regarding testing, follow-up care, surgeries, procedures, symptoms, and
directing prescriptions with pharmacies.
4. Scribing and other duties assigned by Supervisor.
1. Experience working in a medical practice setting.
2. Must be able to communicate with patients, co-workers, supervisors, physicians, and have a good
understanding of ophthalmology and patient care.
3. Experience with data entry and working with an EMR.
Please e-mail your resume to Brian Stratford at
In the subject line put Ophthalmic Technician.