Contract Part Time Optometrist
Founded in April 2011, the Senior Charity Care Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for our elders in need. We assist seniors 55+ residing in care facilities and senior apartments along the Wasatch Front who require health care services such as eyeglasses, hearing aids, and dental care. We pack our cars and vans with all the equipment needed to host dental and vision clinics right at the senior’s apartments.
Transportation is the biggest barrier preventing seniors from getting the help they need. The second barrier is cost. By providing low cost, yet high quality services directly to the senior’s apartments we ARE 'improving the quality of life for our elders in need'!
We are a relatively small but growing non-profit organization with around ten employees. Please visit our website to see our clinics live in action as well as hear some of the heartwarming stories about the seniors we serve. If you want to feel good about the work you are doing and to know you have made a difference in the world by positively changing the lives of those deserving seniors in your community, then please apply.
Contracted optometrist to provide eye exams for low income and at-risk seniors. Will work collaboratively with a mobile vision clinic team including a care manager and optician.
• Provides appropriate vision care including exams and appropriate referrals etc.
• Prescribe corrective lenses
• Entering patient information into the electronic health record system
• Acts professionally as representative of the SCCF at all times
• Follows all SCCF policies and procedures
• Works with other SCCF staff to uphold the mission of the Foundation
Qualifications and Skills:
• Licensed to work in the State of Utah
• Prefer education and experience working with the senior population
• Prefer education and experience working with individuals who are low-income
• Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
• Excellent organization skills
• Must be able to maintain patient confidentiality
• Strong computer proficiency including Microsoft Office and Google programs
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
• Proficiency in communications in Spanish a plus
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check
• Must be willing to travel
• Must have a good heart and be friendly and kind to our Seniors - skills can be taught, loving kindness must be inherent.
Salary & Benefits
Part time as needed depending on number of clinics scheduled, with optimal scheduling of one vision clinic per week. Vision clinics are typically 9am-5pm. The optometrist will need to arrive at the clinic location by 8:30am for set up.
Rate: Contract rate $650/day. 1099 contract position
Benefits: Not benefits eligible
Location & Travel
This is a mobile position that requires the individual to be onsite at senior locations for the provision of mobile clinics.